This month, two Sitizens, Gabriel Assouline, SEM lead, and Rémi Turcotte, performance marketing and SEO lead, will be traveling to New York City to attend SMX East 2014.
SMX is the search and social media marketing conference and expo, and its mission is to educate people at the forefront of the search engine marketing game. It runs as a series of yearly conferences in several cities in the world, and this fall, from September 29 to October 2, SMX East will be held at New York City’s Javits Center.
Our Sitizens are delighted to attend the conference. Says Gab, “I’m looking to be inspired by Powerpoint-free panel discussions on the challenges and opportunities in paid search. I also see this conference as a “refresher” course that will help fine tune my PPC skills with sessions on the basics: keyword research, ad copy and account structure. There are also new developments in programmatic buying, native advertising, mobile and video… I want to come back with a good understanding of new services we can offer to our clients.”
For his part, Rémi is looking forward to getting more information on Google and SSL, Google’s Pigeon, Hummingbird, Panda and Penguin among others. “I want to stay up to date with these subjects and more, meet with experts during the networking sessions, and also attend several advanced workshops like ‘Meet The SEOs & Search Engines’ or ‘Trends & Tactics In Mobile E-Commerce.’ I’m excited to meet people that share the same passion as me! There are several speakers I’m looking forward to hearing, such as Bruce Clay and Danny Sullivan, Annie Cushing and Erin Everhart, among plenty of others.”
More sessions Rémi and Gabriel look forward to attending:
- Let’s Work Together: How SEO & SEM Can Help Each Other,
- Facebook’s Open Graph: “How to use Twitter and Facebok Open graphs on our sites.”
- Reimagine Your 2015 International SEO Budget: Understanding New Opportunities in Global Search.
- What Is Hummingbird & The Entity Search Revolution? “What to do to optimize Hummingbird”.
- 25 Smart Examples Of Structured Data You Can Use Now: “Maybe there are more that I don’t know about!”
- Deconstructing Pigeon, Google’s New Local Search Algorithm : “What to do to optimize Pigeon.”
- Let’s Talk Local Search: Super Therapy Session For Advanced Local Marketers: “Advanced technical optimisations for local search.“
- A Deep Dive Into Bidding Strategies & Bid Modifiers
- What SEMs Should Be Doing With Mobile
- Protecting Your Brand From Online Fraud, Hijacking, Infringement & Other Threats : “I’m very interested in this session – it could be fun to develop an offer for this!”
- Pinterest: Marketing On The Web’s Visual Shopping Mall : “Very interested in knowing what we can do with Pinterest and see if we can make an offer.”
- Targeting Is The New Retargeting
Can’t join us? Be part of the fun by checking us out on Facebook to see our pictures from the event. Also, we’ll be sure to add a blog post about our experience!