1. Collection of personal data
We may collect or obtain your personal data if you are a job applicant, a website user, a business partner or a shareholder.
The type of personal data we obtain depend on how you interact with us and the services you use. Some personal data are collected (i) directly from you (e.g. data provided when you apply for a job, when you sign up for a newsletter or complete a contact form or survey) or (ii) indirectly from your use of Le Site websites (e.g. data collected through cookies or other similar technologies) or (iii) when you provide consent through one of our partners (e.g. Le Site may sponsor the partner and/or the partner offers “Le Site content”) or (iv) from publicly available sources.
Regarding personal data we collect directly from you, such information may consist of, but is not limited to, your name, current job title, company address, email address, telephone number and other contact information. Where appropriate, you will be informed if certain data are required for a proper service or if their provision is optional (e.g. information identified with an asterisk in the registration form is mandatory).
2. Use of personal data
Only personal information necessary will be collected. Therefore, the information collected will vary depending on your interactions with us. Here is more information on how and what information can be collected by Le Site:
- because you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data for a determined purpose;
- to perform a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- when the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party (e.g. partners, service providers), except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data;
Depending on how you interact with us, we may process your personal data in connection with our services or for other business purposes to:
- administer accounts or profiles related to you or your organisation, which may include registration, subscription, purchase, billing events, and/or payments;
- answer your questions and requests;
- enable you to access to certain restricted part of our websites;
- enable you to download specific documentation (e.g. ebooks);
- enable you to attend a hosted event or a webinar;
- enable us to manage and secure our website or service;
- compile aggregate statistics regarding the use of the websites;
- for marketing or research purposes and development purposes for new content, services and/or products aiming at improving, testing, and enhancing features of current services;
- send you offers and promotional materials or communications regarding our services that we feel may be of interest to you, provided that you have given us your express consent by any means;
- provide you with personalized advertising;
- conduct satisfaction surveys and feedback on our services;
- for recruitment purposes when you submit a resume or a job application online;
- fulfill our contractual obligations towards you;
- comply with your instructions or to fulfill other, specified purposes for which you have given your consent;
- comply with the law and legal obligations;
- respond to a request or order from a court, regulator, or authority;
- exercise our rights and protect our own and others’ rights and/or property;
3. Cookie and use
A “cookie” is a small text file that is placed onto an Internet user’s web browser or device and is used to remember and/or obtain information about the user. A “web beacon” is a small object or image that is embedded into a web page, application, or email and is used to track activity. They are also sometimes referred to as pixels and tags. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user’s device. Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience. They can also help to ensure that advertisements you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
You may opt-out from cookies at any moment. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it.
This Policy may be revised from time to time for any reason. If this Policy changes, the revised policy will include a new effective date, and we will notify you of such changes by posting the revised policy on this page. Be sure to check the Policy whenever you submit personal information or use our Site, services, or engage with our social media accounts.
For information and questions about the use of your personal information or this Policy, you may contact us at email@example.com
Le Site Inc.
55 Mont-Royal ave. W, Suite 740
Montreal (Québec) H2T 2S6